[This can be shared but please do not reproduce since this was published in our JPIA Ledger Publication]
Atty. Macmod is a professor in UST, teaching BLT. A very inspiring professor. :)
1. I will maintain an OVERWHELMING DESIRE to become a CPA
- It is my most effective weapon against laziness that will try to conquer me anytime.
2. I will make a COMMITTED DECISION to become a CPA and study with FOCUS
- Only when I commit when I truly begin to shape my destiny. The committed decision will teach me how to acquire the power of purpose and the power of focus; otherwise I can easily be distracted by other forces external or internal.
3. I will develop an UNWAVERING BELIEF that I can make it
- Ultimately, the law of life is the law of belief, whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve said Napoleon hill, one of the most inspirational writer and teacher. The belief however must be unwavering. I will ultimate all doubts about my capabilities. The giant within me will rise the moment I truly believe that I can make it.
4. I will BE CONSISTENT with my desire, decision and belief
- Remember that we are creatures of habit, my desire and belief must form part of the habitual or daily thoughts and prayers so that they will sink in my subconscious mind, the silent architect of my destiny.
5. I will learn to CALM my mind and my body before studying
- Calming my body and mind includes simple relaxation or breathing techniques. A short prayer for God’s guidance every time I study can make a big difference. I will also remember that prayer produces a serene mind paving a way to a powerful mind. A confused and troubled mind is a weak one, which cannot focus or concentrate. Let go of all the negative or disempowering thoughts or emotions when studying.
6. I will not enter the review/classroom UNPREPARED
- Read in advance the handouts. Solve the problems in advance if there is any. I will remember that a prepared mind is better than an unprepared mind and what it hears or sees has more meaning.
7. I will not let the day pass WITHOUT REVIEWING the topics/problems
- Try solving again the problems / exercises answered. The mind’s power to remember lies in repetition. As saying goes, “practice makes perfect.”
- Learn to evaluate also myself by answering past CPA Exams on the said topics. Review again questions where I made mistakes.
8. I will not neglect my SLEEP
- A restful sleep of at least 6 hours at night is essential for my health and for proper performance of my body and mind. Without enough sleep, my mind cannot rejuvenate, hence less efficient and less effective. I cannot concentrate well. Worse my health will suffer; my brain and body will depreciate faster.
9. I will take my PRE-BOARD EXAMINATIONS
- They will formally test how efficient and effective I have been reviewing. Thru the pre-board exams I can also test my physical and more importantly my mental stamina when given successive mental works under time pressure.
10. I will eat NUTRICIOUS FOOD and take NUTRITIOUS DRINKS
- Nutritious foods mean more fruits and vegetables in my diet, avoid fatty foods and junk foods as well as red meat products; fish and white meats are better. Take fruit juice or mineral water; avoid alcoholic beverages and cigarettes as well. They can destroy my body and weaken the immune system. Take supplements if necessary (Multivitamins e.g. BECEDYN, CENTRUM, etc.) Remember, the conditions of the body affect the mind and vice-versa… (MEN SANA ET CORPORE SANO). I cannot effectively review if I am SICK.